Hosted Lync Features
The Vodacom Hosted Lync solution uses the latest SIP trunking technology to support least-cost routing with high call quality..
It operates on a converged infrastructure, merging voice and data on a single network, to which you connect using your Microsoft Lync.
You can use our Microsoft Lync service either by signing for the Vodacom Hosted OCS service, or by using your own Lync solution that you may already have implemented. If you already have a third-party Lync or OCS solution that you use, we can still connect you.
The Microsoft Lync solution can also be used to replace your existing PRI infrastructure. We phase this out as we implement Lync service, thus eliminating PRI infrastructure expenses, saving you even more money.
Microsoft Lync features in detail:
- Standard interfaces that support a wide variety of protocols for easy integration.
- Our Microsoft Lync service connects to a state-of-the-art VoIP Platform with interconnections to all major networks.
- SIP trunking linking to the Vodacom IP network, using MPLS (Multiple Protocol Label Switching) technology and managed access from Vodacom.
- Fully operational Carrier Class Softswitch deployed in the Vodacom Network. Carrier-class interconnects that allow Vodacom to terminate your international, cellular, local and national call traffic over an OCS SIP trunk.
- High level of security – Session Border Controllers (SBCs) can reduce SIP-based denial of service threats from within and outside your organisation.
- Our Hosted Lync solution is backed by end-to-end Service Level Agreements (which vary according to your choice of access)